"A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come;but when her baby is born she forgets the anguishbecause of her joy that a child is born into the world."John 16:21

Thursday, July 29, 2010

First trip to Emergency Room :(


Remember all the times you had a stuffy nose and junk in your throat? So much stuff that all you wanted to do was cough it up and lay in the bed all day?? Yea well Dav has that crap! I'm pretty sure he got it from his uncle Taibo but the Dr. said there is 150 viruses they can get. He also told me its a baby's job to get sick until they are about 3 years old. But of course that didn't go over so well with me. I hate having a sick baby boy.. He's pitiful. I'm talking barking like a seal, snot all over the place, and can't sleep. That's not okay in my book, i want a happy boy that isn't miserable. He said it builds their little immune system. Booo

Dee and I decided it was time to take him in with a temp of 102.

I tried my hardest to not give him Tylenol but he was just so sad we had to do something. They told me to give him baby Advil and baby Tylenol every 3 hours :( I know, I know its horrible but my boy is desperate. I have been giving him Saline drops in his nose as well as takin' the "sucker" to his throat.. Surprisingly it doesn't bother him?? Hates it in his nose though. Calm child is also going through his little system. Its a herbal supplement to help them stay calm. Tastes so yummy, too!

With 3 hours spent in the emergency room.. We were told that our boy has an upper respiratory infection, viral symptoms, and a fever. Bless. Also found out why he has that yucky rash on his little cheeks. The acid in babies saliva goes up while teething and with his sucking a paci... it sits on his skin and makes that awful rash :( A&D makes it better!


You couldn't tell he was sick while we were there... You know he had to be the ladies man that he is and flirt. He smiled, giggled, and screamed at all the nurses. He was eatin' it up. I'm glad i got me such a good sport :)

Davyn weights 20.5 pounds and is perfect (besides his little cold.) Keep him in your prayers, please! I miss my 7 hours of sleep at night and I'm sure he does as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment