"A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come;but when her baby is born she forgets the anguishbecause of her joy that a child is born into the world."John 16:21

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Boston trip

Let me just say... Drivin' all the way to Boston, MA SUCKS!! It took us about 22 hours to get here. But of course, I definitely couldn't drive all that way in 1 day.. So we stayed with our lovely friend Catye on Monday night at JMU. Such a beautiful campus for students to enjoy and such nice people. We stayed up till midnight watching Avatar with her, not such a good idea but it was nice to spend time with her. Davyn did AMAZINGLY well on this road trip. I honestly thought it was going to take me 3 days to get here... but he did SOO well. For a child who absolutely hates his car seat, I was blown away. He sat in the back and just played, played, and played. With a ton of talking to his friend Elle. She's his favorite car seat
toy... She vibrates and has nice dangling legs that he likes to pull. While he is torturing her.. he is usually screaming at his mirror too. When Davyn was a itty bitty baby.. which was forever ago, he would sleep the whole time in the car. I wouldnt hear a sound but now... completely different story. He slept MAYBE 5 hours the whole trip. But so so proud of him. The way home should be a lot better... Dee will drive and i could accompany him in the back seat so hes not lonely :)



Once that lonngg drive was over we finally got to see Daddy! We were so excited to see him... He's been dying to see his lil man. I have to say.. Ive been a little jealous of him since we been here. He has Davyn ALL the time now and he's not so much focused on mommy as he was. Glad he has such a good daddy though. So blessed to have my boys. BUT tomorrow is MY day :) and I'm gonna be spending it with the best son in the world! Here's some pictures of Daddy and baby










We went into Boston to go shopping :) here are a few pictures from our time in Boston.





We tried to take some pictures in front of flowers for my mom's Mother's day card :) But one thing that's a little more important than Mother's day... My baby's 4 MONTH BIRTHDAY!! 3 moths was probably the best (even though I love them all). He just is getting to know how to put everything in his mouth and smiles at everything you say to him. He isn't a very fussy boy... only when he's hungry. I have him pretty darn spoiled so he will only go to sleep if IM holding him. But i love it :) We went to the doc on Monday morning before we left on our road trip... I got me a 16 pounder! He is 26 and some odd centimeters long. He cant fit in pj's unless they are 6 months because he's so long. Everything went perfect with his doctor's visit and we love our new doctor.

I found some really neat baby clothing stores up here in Boston. I plan to make a trip to them every time i visit :)
We are celebrating Davyns 4 mo. B-day party tonight with the basketball team and some Harvard friends.. I'm sure i will have plenty of pictures from tonight!!
Happy Birthday sweet baby momma and daddy love you and Happy Mother's day to all you wonderful Mothers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment